In order to achieve this grand aspiration of unification, I think we need to change the way we treat each other.
There are a few lessons that I have learned over the last few years that I think may be of value as we embark on this grand project:
- Talk to each other, not about each other. If you find yourself talking about someone in our community, give them a call. If you don’t know them that well, maybe try stick to facts and not spread rumors. Gossip doesn’t help.
- Talk less and listen more.
- Stay focused. Care less what people say and be more careful with what you say.
- Take good care of yourself. Smile more. Breathe more deeply. Drink more water.
- How you deliver your message matters as much as your message.Don’t discredit yourself by being unprofessional. If you start reacting and losing your cool or losing your focus, please review and repeat lesson #4.
—-> Speak up on the regulations! Public comment period ends on Monday.
We have drafted a few template letters on important issues to help you get started. Please click on the links to download the following:
- Increasing access to compassionate use donations
- Enforce the acreage cap
- Compositing as a strategy to reduce unnecessary testing cost
- Reduced fees for single season light dep growers
I am sure you will hear from me soon! I really hope to see you next month so please register for the event and make hotel registrations.
With love and gratitude,
Hezekiah D. Allen