WHEREAS… modern day slavery exists today in the form of human trafficking and sexual exploitation in greater numbers than at any time in our history.
* WE THE PEOPLE… and the National Association of Human Trafficking Victim Advocates hereby declare:
* All peoples, regardless of race, religion, gender, age, nationality, or social group, have the right to live freely without fear of exploitation.
* Due to the increased demand for minor victims of labor and sexual exploitation, all children are entitled to society’s increased protection.
* Due to the fact that human trafficking is the fastest growing crime in our world today, this issue needs urgent attention and full collaboration among all service providers, law enforcement agencies, media outlets, community leaders, governmental agencies, and citizens.
* Legislation to enhance, and close loopholes, in the current laws against human trafficking need to reflect the severity of this heinous crime.
View original post 208 more words